Friday, May 21, 2010

Pacman Free Online


Google.com has come up with one more way for us to have fun on a Friday by turning their "I'm feeling lucky" link into an "Insert Coin" link instead, but users don't have to actually "insert coin" -- just click the link beneath the regular Google.com search box and start playing Pacman!

At first this intrepid journalist couldn't find the "insert link" page on Google.com -- but that's because I'd clicked the "home" icon I just found out would take me to my Google home -- but that link was my Firefox Google start page at Google.com/Firefox blah, blah, blah -- and not the regular Google.com start page where the Pac-Man game can be found.

Users like me of a certain age -- 41 and counting -- are immediately transported back to days in darkened arcades, but instead of slamming that joy stick forcefully around to avoid those chomping meanies, we deal delicately with mouse pads and arrow keys to try and escape them before hearing the familiar boink, boink, you've-been-eaten sound.

Note to users who should be working instead of clicking that 'insert coin' link on Google.com: Turn down the sound, because that sucker is loud!

Or better yet, search for an employer who doesn't mind a little Pac-Man play as part of your day.